ISC Honolulu evolved from the former U.S. Lighthouse Service Depot at both Pier 4 and a 5 acre plot on Sand Island. The property was acquired in 1939 by the Coast Guard when it absorbed the Lighthouse Service. In 1945, an additional 5 acres were acquired and the Base Sand Island was established. Its primary mission of buoy repair was expanded to include industrial and shipping & receiving support.
Base Sand Island continued to grow in size and responsibilities, eventually reaching 48.6 acres. Some comptroller functions were moved to the base, as well a medical and dental facility. MWR facilities were added and expanded. Family housing was built on Red Hill. In 1988, Base Sand Island became Group/Base Honolulu, with the added responsibility of Search and Rescue and Law Enforcement within the Hawaiian Islands.
In May 1996, Base and Group Honolulu became separate commands, with the Group retaining responsibility for the operational missions. Base Honolulu again increased responsibilities and became Integrated Support Command Honolulu, a separate command under Commander, Maintenance and Logistics Command Pacific.
phone numbers: (808)541-1564
address: ISC Honolulu, Sand Island Access
Road Area 4, Honolulu, HI 96819-4398
1,724 active duty; 895 family members; 173 civilians
family housing units on the island of Oahu (808)831-2766
Support Center: (808)541-1580
Care: Approved home care for 36
care: Clinic. Appointments/benefits
USCG Integrated Support Command - Honolulu, HI
has a small exchange (808)832-2564. Recreation at USCG Integrated Support Command - Honolulu, HI
includes a gym, swimming, and outdoor activities.